Mr. Giambrone is a managing partner at Blue Williams and has been with the firm since 2001. His practice consists primarily of medical malpractice defense, automobile and trucking litigation, governmental and municipal liability, employment law, commercial litigation, and general casualty litigation.
Mr. Giambrone graduated with honors from Catholic High School Baton Rouge in 1990. He thereafter attended Louisiana State University on an Alumni Association Top 100 Scholarship where he was a member of Sigma Nu Fraternity and graduated cum laude in 1994 with a Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science. Mr. Giambrone obtained his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University New Orleans School of Law in 1997.
Mr. Giambrone was admitted to the Louisiana bar in 1997, serving as law clerk to the Honorable Marion F. Edwards at both the Twenty-Fourth Judicial District Court for Jefferson Parish and the Louisiana Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal. In August of 2001, Mr. Giambrone joined Blue Williams as an associate. He was elected partner in 2005 and managing partner in 2016, where he still serves today. Mr. Giambrone has a diverse practice specializing in medical malpractice, municipal liability, automobile/trucking and commercial litigation. For over 20 years he has represented hospitals, physicians, dentists, chiropractors, physician’s assistants, certified registered nurse anesthetists, nurse practitioners, long term acute care facilities and behavioral health facilities in the defense of medical malpractice claims. As an adjunct to his practice, he also represents health care professionals in claims made before their respective licensing boards. Mr. Giambrone represents local governments, boards, commissions and service districts in the defense of constitutional, labor and employment, civil rights, zoning, land use and general liability claims. He has served as lead defense counsel on more than a half-dozen class action cases challenging the constitutionality of local municipal ordinances. He also serves as a Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Louisiana.
- Holds an AV® Peer Review Rated certification from Martindale-Hubbell in the practice areas of general litigation, insurance defense, and medical malpractice defense
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012
- New Orleans Magazine Top Lawyer, 2012
- Best Lawyers in America 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Named as a 2017 Elite Lawyer of the South by the National Law Journal
- Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law by Martindale-Hubbell 2018
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators for Louisiana 2018-2022
- America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators for Louisiana 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2018, 2020, 2022 – Top 1%
- Lawyers of Distinction 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Top Lawyers 2019, 2020, 2021
- America’s Top 100 Medical Malpractice Litigators, 2021
- Inside New Orleans “Elite Lawyers,” 2021
Bar, Courts & Professional Affiliations
Mr. Giambrone is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts in Louisiana. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Jefferson Bar Association, Louisiana Hospital Association, and Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel.
- Served as Vice Chairman of the Jefferson Parish Planning Advisory Board from 2004-2010