Mr. Torres is a partner in the Metairie office and has been with the firm since 2004. His practice consists primarily of admiralty and maritime, federal and state workers’ compensation and insurance law. He also handles DBA (Defense Base Act) cases, and has been a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association since 2001.
Mr. Torres received his bachelor of arts in political science from Skidmore College in 1995. In 2001, he received his juris doctorate from Loyola University New Orleans School of Law. At Loyola, Mr. Torres was a member of Loyola’s Moot Court Staff and competed as an oralist in Tulane University’s National Sports Law Moot Court Competition. In this competition, his team won Best Brief and he received honorable mention as an oralist.
Mr. Torres is a native of New York, NY. In 1998, he entered Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans where he served on the Moot Court Board and as Legal Research and Writing teaching assistant.
Mr. Torres serves on the Board of Directors for the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, the Mariners Club of Port of New Orleans, and the DOL-Joint Bar Association. In 2024, he was elected to the position of President of the DOL-Joint Bar Association.
- Louisiana Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013 (Workers’ Compensation)
- Inside New Orleans “Elite Lawyers”, 2021
Bar, Courts & Professional Affiliations
Mr. Torres is admitted to practice before all state courts in Louisiana. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court of the Eastern District of Louisiana. He is a member of the National Bar Association, the New Orleans Bar Association and the Louisiana State Bar Association, and the Hispanic National Bar Association.
- Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2019-Present
- Mariners Club of Port of New Orleans, Board of Directors, 2021-Present
- Department of Labor-Joint Bar Association, President, 2024
- Department of Labor-Joint Bar Association, Secretary and Board of Directors, 2022-2023
- Louisiana State Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, Secretary, 2022